According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 30 percent of Americans habitually get less than six hours of sleep a night,
The National Sleep Foundation offers the following tips for a good night’s rest:
• Try to go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning, even on weekends.
• Develop a sleep ritual: A hot bath, drinking a cup of herbal tea or reading a book just before bed can cue your body to settle down for the night
• Exercise regularly to relieve tension, but not too close to bedtime
• Cut down on stimulants and avoid smoking or drinking
• Unwind early in the evening and try to make a to-do-list for tomorrow so you won’t think about it all night.
• Try relaxation exercises before bedtime
• Sleep on a comfortable, supportive mattress
• Create a restful sleep environment such as a dark, quiet room without noise
• Make sleep a priority
Make sure to take time each day to be with people, go to places and do things that make you laugh and happy.
At Fit N Pilates located in North Dallas in Plano Texas we will help manage your fitness Goals.